brake pins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pins?

I just saw a thread of a person wanting to buy the brake pins, and remembered an issue we found while replacing the axle seal last week. One of the brake pins in the front driver side on my 1993, was very loose. We could easily pull it and push it with our hands. Is this something I should care about?
    Last edited by Flw Sock; 12-26-2012, 01:58 AM.

brake pins?

You realize those brake pins hold your brake pads in place right? Just slightly important

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

the pins can (and should) move within the caliper all they want as long as they can't pull out (hence the retention clip that get used with them). there are 2 styles that i'm aware of: pins with holes near the head of the pin that use a W style retention wire, and the pins with holes at the tip of the pin that use individual retention clips at the back side of the caliper.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
      X