Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wires

What r the best wires and dist cap rotor for festiva

You cannot buy an Accel distributor cap with brass contacts. Just buy the proper cap for a carb or EFI. Test the resistance in your distributor wires with a multimeter. Replace if necessary. You don't really need Accel 8.8 like me. I only did it because I liked fat yellow-jacket silicone wires.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-28-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

If you go to Rock Auto, you can buy premium caps with brass terminals pretty reasonable. As for wires, I just bought a set of Belden PowerMax (NAPA line) blue plug wires from them on closeout for $6.00. They are some of the highest quality wires I've seen. They were custom fit 7mm replacements and the fit is factory perfect. The cap ends don't try to slide off the tapered cap towers like most other plug wires I've had. Plus, the dark blue color matches my car, lol.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I use NGK's that are made for the 1.3, & fit perfect. They are also a nice blue color.:highly_amused:
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Buy wires with a lifetime guarantee and keep the receipt.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
          X