Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake Pedal pressure decreasing, and now only front right and rear left wheels brake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pedal pressure decreasing, and now only front right and rear left wheels brake?

I've got a 93 Festiva L.

Over the past several days of driving to work and back I have noticed my brake pedal has been getting softer, yet still didn't bottom out and had sufficient braking power. I checked each wheel, no leaks, and master cylinder is full of fluid. I bled each wheel in the correct order. After bleeding them the pedal essentially goes to the floor and noticed while on gravel that only the passenger front and driver rear wheels are braking. What could be the cause?

Thanks!

Michael

The two wheel braking means the combination valve on the firewall is working. It's a safety feature so a leak in the other two will not eliminate braking ability. Check the lines and cylinders in the other two wheels.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

If the brake fluid level remains as it should then my guess would be that your master cylinder needs replacing.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^ yup.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
        X