Window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window problem

So my window likes to not go up straight, I no it has pins or something missing I just don't know what they are called or where to get them? can you find them cheap online? or is it a junkyard part item? is this hard to fix?

Window problem

You can pull off the door card and make sure the plastic clips and screws are tight on the window. Kind of a pain, but quite doable to get some from the junkyard. I've also had luck loosening the three bolts that hold the regulator to the door and adjusting the angle at which the window is pushed up by moving the regulator left and right.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Yeah...it's weird...with mine it depends on the temperature. It will roll up just fine when it's warm. In the cold it's super hard to roll up and it starts slanting forward so I have to push the window from the front toward the back to make sure it rolls up straight. Takes two hands!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Mine has the same as yours lol. Silicone spray usually helps for a while. I probably need to tighten the thing up though.
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Armorall in the track helps mine.

Comment

You have worn old belt moldings. Once the fuzzy flock wears away, and you are down to bare rubber, it will grab the glass when you roll it up or down. Bad news, outside L/H belts are discontinued.

Comment

The entire window mechanism comes apart, and out, easy enough but it's often black magic to figure out why things don't work as they should. Been there done that twice already and ultimately replaced everything with a unit that did function properly, out of a wrecked car. As other posters have suggested some form of lubrication is usually a good start.

Comment

Re: Window problem

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                You have worn old belt moldings. Once the fuzzy flock wears away, and you are down to bare rubber, it will grab the glass when you roll it up or down. Bad news, outside L/H belts are discontinued.
                So the track is no longer made?
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

It's not the track, but the rubbers that get hard with wear and age. New rubbers are available from Korea. The part numbers can be found in the following posts. Belt moldings are available from Green Sales Company.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

wow thanks I will try as soon as I can

Comment

Working...
                    X