Longer Speedometer Cable Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer Speedometer Cable Needed

5 speed B8 (month away from upgrading to BP), the dash has been completely stripped out to race. The best mounting place is three inches further. The speedo cable will not reach by just two inches. I searched through the site looking for someone who has discovered a longer option. I know the Aspire manual is a direct fit. Is it longer? Ideas?
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

Ironically, I am looking for a shorter speedometer cable to accomodate the cruise speed sensor. The stock cable is about two inches too long. I think I will check a Mazda 323, an old Protege or an RX-7.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Coldhand, you can get a longer unit from a Protege (92?) with the F series trans.

Brave, the extra 2" shouldnt affect the opperation of the cable once moved to fit, just make sure the cabler is lubed well and i doubt you'll have issues.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you go back and search through my posts somehow I had a topic about it a few months ago. I switched to a different one but it was super long like about 3 times too long but it worked.
        1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

Working...
        X