92 festiva sputtering at 60 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 festiva sputtering at 60 mph

I have a 92 festiva with 193000 miles on it. At 60 its sputtering. I changed tps sensor. no help got new fuel pump and filter and i rigged a pressure port in the fuel line to put on my gauge. 30 psi
    hmmmmmm

Thanks in advance

look at your ignition system....
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

What he said. ^^^ Specifically plugs, wires, button, cap. Slick had a problem with that.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

How's your coil? Look at your running engine in the dark [ not at 60 ].
        Last edited by denguy; 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Re: 92 festiva sputtering at 60 mph

There is also a way to check the airflow sensor thingy. Had to do it once with my XR4Ti. Haven't looked if there is info for that on this forum, let me know if ya need to do it and can't find a guide.
          HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Are all your injectors squirting O.K.?

Comment

Had the same problem once....magically new plug wires cured it.

Comment

that was my next thought was wires. i got four new plugs in. and i had another set of injectors i put in also. new cap and rotor hell i bought a distr off ebay and put it in too. but still using same wires hmmmmmm. i ve got a spare coil if need be. but i would think if it were wires it was sputter constantly. but i shall replace them and see.

Comment

also any tips on alignment for frontend by hand. shop said steering rack had lil slack and they couldnt align it. it does have lil play but i can get it close i bet.

Comment

Hey Rocket, it's time to hit the search button, there is quite a bit if of info on how to align your car with a string.
                    Last edited by sc72; 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

we have used a tape measure before. but my camber is out also because of front end disassembly to replace trans.

Comment

OK festiva peeps i got a new set of wires on. Car still acts like it is sputtering.

Comment

Unless you or someone has installed camber bolts in the front end, theres no camber adjustment on these cars. You can only adjust the toe-in.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

^ ACTUALLY.... there is a factory camber adjustment. it's in the strut top hat. good for about .5*

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

ok red rocket, sputtering under load or just at 60mph?

Comment

Working...
                              X