2004 Rio Suspension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Rio Suspension??

I have found a 2004 Kia Rio being parted out. Can I use the front suspension and rear spindles+brakes on my 93 Festy? Only have a few days till it is getting recycled, so I gotta jump if it is going to work.
    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

The front suspension has to have 2 bolts on top to fit the 2 holes in the Festiva fender, not the 3 bolt version.
    Last edited by WmWatt; 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Phoenix (on this forum) has a very good recipe for front brakes from these cars (03-05 Rios). Not much else is usable. Rear end stuff is of no use at all and front end goodies are (I suspect) limited to calipers, knuckles and discs. Top hat is likely a 3 or 4 hole instead of what you want. But 10.5 inch vented and floating rotors certainly is something for any and all Festy owners to Aspire(?) to.

Comment

Re: 2004 Rio Suspension??

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Phoenix (on this forum) has a very good recipe for front brakes from these cars (03-05 Rios). Not much else is usable. Rear end stuff is of no use at all and front end goodies are (I suspect) limited to calipers, knuckles and discs. Top hat is likely a 3 or 4 hole instead of what you want. But 10.5 inch vented and floating rotors certainly is something for any and all Festy owners to Aspire(?) to.
        Thanks!... nice pun
        HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

What Bert said , the brakes / knuckles /rotors ext tie rods , you can take , the rest its unsure (struts and other parts)

Comment

How about interrior stuff? Guy wants me to buy the whole car minus engine.
            "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

If you need any help with things let me know, I don't think you are to far away and i would be willing to make the drive
              Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
              Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
              Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
              WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
                If you need any help with things let me know, I don't think you are to far away and i would be willing to make the drive
                That would be great!
                I will let you know how it goes. Made an offer, waiting on reply.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Originally posted by Festevil3 View Post
                  Getting the parts Sunday!
                  If everything looks useable I will start Monday.
                  "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Crap!!!!

Pnp cubed the aspire I was gonna get the rear off tomorrow!!!

Alternate rear parts to get the same bolt pattern?
                    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Just the Aspire... and why the hell did they cube it when you were getting parts from it? Didn't they know you were coming?
                      Last edited by DriverOne; 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

As if they care....lol
                        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                        X