No announcement yet.

Wiper Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's the wiper arm assembly, don't remove the cowl. Just replace the wiper arm assembly.

Comment

PM'd you my number, Im free this weekend, just cleaning around shop now that my BP swap is complete, I have a parts car if needing any parts.
      93L sold. First FESTY!
      91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
      91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
      89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
      93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
      89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
      93GL Sold Too Soon!
      91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Mine did that, I ended up using an angle grinder with a thin metal cutting wheel to cut a 6" x 4" hole in the fire wall to get access to that area under the cowl. I then patched in 3/16" thick piece of aluminum plate with some 1/4-20 bolts to support the wiper arm. The original curved metal stamping in that area is stretched thin and rusts through easily.

Comment

Keep your fingers crossed. My son and I are going to tackle this today. If I can keep my son's attention focused long enough I think we can fix it. We'll see. Jason, I may be calling you at some point. :0)
          Last edited by BigWheel; 01-19-2013, 08:53 AM.
          '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
          '02 F-150 Supercrew
          '02 Excursion 4x4
          '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

^ Just let me know, I will be in Huntsville Sunday, But will be Free anytime after that. Let Us know if you get it worked out.
            93L sold. First FESTY!
            93GL Sold Too Soon!

Comment

Well...no progress to report. Still not fixed for multiple reasons. I'll let you know what happens next.
              '02 F-150 Supercrew
              '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

What broke in this diagram. Part of the wiper link assembly (4)?
                If so, just replace the whole thing and forget about drilling out spot welds.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  What broke in this diagram. Part of the wiper link assembly (4)?
                  If so, just replace the whole thing and forget about drilling out spot welds.
                  It's not the wiper arm. It's where the wiper arm assembly attaches to the mount inside the cowl. The piece of metal the wiper pivot assembly connects to rusted through. There is now nothing to attached the assembly too. Getting inside there is a problem because (1) the cowl cannot be removed without breaking multiple welds, (2) there is limited access through the access panel where the wiper motor mounts to the firewall and (3) it's enormously difficult to get a piece of metal mounted securely over the rusted piece. The only way I can get to it is cut another access hole in the firewall but that doesn't necessarily make it easy to secure another piece of metal in there as a mount. It's a freaking pain!!! :0)
                  '02 F-150 Supercrew
                  '02 Excursion 4x4

Comment

^that Sucks! I can come by and at least look at it, and take pix? 2 heads are better than one! lol. and with the members here, festys can be saved!
                    93L sold. First FESTY!
                    93GL Sold Too Soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X