Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 auto shifter cable.....

Ya I know ... nothing right??

Mine is broken and I had somthing that may have worked but was a 2 inches short!!

Anything that may work in place of a new one or does anyone have a used they would ship to canada??

thanks

I have a couple of extras are you looking for the shifter rod only?
    PM me and we can talk ill send u some pics.
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

shifter rod??
      Mine is auto it has a cable, you are thinking manual?

Comment

Duhh I guess I should read better
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by bassman View Post
          Ya I know ... nothing right??

Mine is broken and I had somthing that may have worked but was a 2 inches short!!

Anything that may work in place of a new one or does anyone have a used they would ship to canada??

thanks

I'm sure there is one on the 92 Aqua at the local PnP. I'm going back up tomorrow. (How difficult is it to get out?)
          Prices are: Total
          Cable, Large $14.99 $0.00 $0.90 1.35 $17.24
          Cable, Medium $9.99 $0.00 $0.60 0.9 $11.49
          Cable, Small $4.99 $0.00 $0.30 0.45 $5.74
          If they consider it a small cable it will only be $5.74 (not sure what shipping to Yorktown would be.)
          If you are interested PM me.
          Last edited by 1990new; 02-01-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

M3ntal, no problem and thanks for the reply.

1990 new, It is not all that bad to pull out, 2 10mm bolts under the car at the shifter , 1 more around the cat area, 14mm on top of the tranny at the rear , 2 12 mm where it is mounted by the shifter lever on the tranny and a large nut to remove the shifter lever .

all in all not bad but you have to get under the car...

I am Canada as well so if me paypaling you $60 us is worth your effort I would be happy if you could do this.

I am working on a cable now but not a festiva stock cable its a cable from a b and m shifter that may work but how well or how long I am not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by bassman View Post
              M3ntal, no problem and thanks for the reply.

1990 new, It is not all that bad to pull out, 2 10mm bolts under the car at the shifter , 1 more around the cat area, 14mm on top of the tranny at the rear , 2 12 mm where it is mounted by the shifter lever on the tranny and a large nut to remove the shifter lever .

all in all not bad but you have to get under the car...

I am Canada as well so if me paypaling you $60 us is worth your effort I would be happy if you could do this.

I am working on a cable now but not a festiva stock cable its a cable from a b and m shifter that may work but how well or how long I am not sure...
              Got the cable this morning....If you PM me with the particulars, I will be glad to send it to you for that.
              Before I do let show you a pictures of it to make sure it is exactly what you are expecting. (Image above in this post.)
              Jess
              Last edited by 1990new; 02-02-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I had a horrible day trying to find a cable that would work, either too long or too short... I came home after work thinking that my festiva would sit till spring till I could get to my snow covered parts car... BUT 1990 new came to my resque!!!!
                I have sent parts to forum members in the past few years and today it came back 10 fold!

Thank you all so much for all the help over the years and you 1990 for doing this.
                I have pm'd you some info

Comment

Congrats to 1990new you helped a member put his car back on the road. Wheres that dang rep button at.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                    Congrats to 1990new you helped a member put his car back on the road. Wheres that dang rep button at.
                    Thanks for the kind words Karl...I've been helped a lot here and I'm glad when I'm able to return the favors.

Comment

Shipping from US to Canada:nightmare:
                      This should not be as difficult as it seems to be.
                      Do we have an expert on the forum regarding this endeavor?
                      Shipping is expensive enough but then there appears to be duty and taxes involved too.
                      If there is anyone that knows a lot about it and how to avoid extra charges, please create a "Shipping to Canada" thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X