Need some help fast, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help fast, please!

I have an 89 festiva 5spd.....it's a carburated car, well, I was on my way to work last monday and it started spittin and sputtering (it has done this before, but I let it sit for a while and then it runs fine) so I pulled into a parking lot and I sit for about 30 minutes, start it up and it's still doing it.

The problem is, you start it up, take off and when you try to give it gas, it just boggs, well, you can mash the pedal to the floor and it will go, but it won't hardly idle or go at part throttle....???

I have been trying to track down the problem all week and I can't figure out what's wrong with it....I've tried changing the fuel filter, plugs and just can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it....

Anyone else every had this problem?

Thanks in advance....
    00' GT mustang
    Built MPH motor

89 Festevil

I would try replacing plug wires, cap and rotor. complete the tune-up and see if it clears up. Also check the air filter see if it is starving for air. Just a thought... Good luck..
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways totally worn out, shouting...holy sh!t FESTIVA!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X