VACCUM HELP PLEASE!!!!! SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VACCUM HELP PLEASE!!!!! SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW THIS

i have an 89 festiva and on the driver side firewall there is a group of four solenoids. when it comes to the orange one i am going insane trying to figure out where the two vaccums go. thanks for your time--jeremie

I'm at the public library where I do all my email. I'll try to remember to look when I get home. However there should be an emission control diagram on a label on the underside of the hood which should help sort it out.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

is yours carbed or fuel injected?

Comment

On the carburetted model the hose with the orange stripe goes to a round device beside the throttle control. This device can be seen by removing the air cleaner. It has two hoses. The orange one goes in the side near the top. The brown one on top is from the brown (beige ?) solenoid next to the orange solenoid. The hose with the white stripe from the orange solenoid goes into the middle port on the bottom of the air cleaner. There is a third hose on the bottom of the orange solenoid. It is a shared hose from the intake manifold which I presume delivers manifold vacuum to all the solenoids on that rack. If that's not clear let me know and I can try to describe it again. I have the air cleaner off while I'm replacing the brake lines.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

it is a carbureted car. i need a picture, and not a vacuum digram. i will pay someone to take a picture of where the lines go on there carbureted car. thanks--jeremie

Comment

someone has to have a picture for me--jeremie

Comment

Measure 7.5 inches from the top of the orange solenoid at an angle of 10 degrees from the back of the bracket (ie almost due left), and go down 4 inches. That is where the hose from the side of the orange solenoid goes. On my car there is an orange sticker right there to tell what hose goes there.

The hose from the top of the orange solenoid goes into the middle of the group of three ports on the bottom of the aid cleaner.

Comment

i need a picture. stuff is plugged in everywhere, its almost like this vacuum line just doesn't go anywhere. i just need a picture. a vacuum diagram is no good to me.

Comment

Here's a schematic:

and here's some crappy photos, hope they help:

Here's the solenoid with the orange plug:

In this pic the line with the white dashes goes to the side of the air cleaner:

The other line with the orange dashes goes to the thing with the red dot:

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                  BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                  BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                  New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Photo 3.4 on page 4-3 of the Haynes repair manual shows one end of the hoses quite well. The solenoids themselves are just out of the frame on the right.

Comment

Working...
                    X