Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bp car jerking to the left not pulling jerking !!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bp car jerking to the left not pulling jerking !!!???

ok so the whole thing started when the bolts came loose on my jackshaft. I tightened the bolts and applied thread lock and thought that would solve the issue... not so much . So now when I drive its starting to jerk to the left at the speed the wheels are turning. It feels like when your tire is really unbalanced but its seriously jerking like it wants to take the steering wheel rite out of my hand! Any ideas of what this is? Thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

How loose did the jackshaft get? Could it have damaged the outer axle or the joint where they connect?
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Have you looked into the tie rods. Mine started to do that slight when I replaced tie rid ends with these heavy wheels I put on them.
      ;
      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
      '92 Festiva L M/T
      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
        How loose did the jackshaft get? Could it have damaged the outer axle or the joint where they connect?
        it got pretty loose. there was only 1 bolt left on it and it prob had worked its way out about 1/8". this is when i parked it because i felt that jerking and checked the axles and saw that the jackshaft bolts had started jumping ship. so i screwed up my outer axles or even my trans? :gritteeth: that makes me so mad! hopefully its the axle but if not do i need to get a new trans?
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I'd check the shafts before I ordered new ones. That why I was asking. I didn't know if you checked them before you tightened the bolts back up. I would definitely check the joint where the shafts connect at the end of the jackshaft. If it looks good, I'd pull and look at the transmission end of the jackshaft.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Check your alignment. I remember before my alignment my car would pull to the side hard while getting into boost.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
              Check your alignment. I remember before my alignment my car would pull to the side hard while getting into boost.
              i wish it was that but its not just a pull its more like an extreem pulsating jerk. imagine the feeling of your abs kicking in but its really jerking the steering wheel to the left but it does this to the speed of the rotation of the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                You know I went the other day to get my car aligned but got pushed away at pep boys they said you could not align my car because it has no camber.
                ;
                rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                '92 Festiva L M/T
                '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
                  You know I went the other day to get my car aligned but got pushed away at pep boys they said you could not align my car because it has no camber.
                  did you lower your car? if so then no they cant 100% align it. you need to buy an adjustable camber kit its just bolts that go on your strut so you can adjust the pitch of your wheels (top to bottom) the only alignment you have now that they can adjust is the side to side by adjusting your tie rods.

Comment

It's an axle ! Replace just the axle ! Make sure shaft is tight ! Had this happin to me , I let an axle click for to long and wow it feels like the wheel is going to break off lol ! I replace the axle and never again ! Good luck
                    New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                      It's an axle ! Replace just the axle ! Make sure shaft is tight ! Had this happin to me , I let an axle click for to long and wow it feels like the wheel is going to break off lol ! I replace the axle and never again ! Good luck
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      yes that is the best way to describe it but it doesnt make noise like a bad cv. replacing the axle still sucks but things could be worse.

Comment

My car is stock. But they insiste that there is no camber adjustment for the ford festiva. Apparently they didn't know what they were talking about. But I can look at my car and tell it is the tierod ends that need adjusting.
                        ;
                        rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                        '92 Festiva L M/T
                        '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                          ok so the whole thing started when the bolts came loose on my jackshaft. I tightened the bolts and applied thread lock and thought that would solve the issue... not so much . So now when I drive its starting to jerk to the left at the speed the wheels are turning. It feels like when your tire is really unbalanced but its seriously jerking like it wants to take the steering wheel rite out of my hand! Any ideas of what this is? Thanks
                          No worries Bobby I will still make the trade :highly_amused:
                          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

^lol tempting

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                              ^lol tempting
                              I would still make the trade and find/fix the issues with your BP, I now could possibly meet half way. Just throwing it out there
                              Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                              Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                              Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                              WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X