Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camshaft seal came out, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camshaft seal came out, what should I do?

The festiva is a 1991. Anyway, I got the car with the motor taken out because they said it had an oil leak. I replaced the crank seal, thinking that might be the problem, put the motor back in the car and got it running today. While the leak is still there, although it really is not a leak, it is much bigger. It looked like the leak was coming from above the crankshaft. So I took the timing cover off and saw oil above the camshaft pulley. I pulled the camshaft pulley off and found the camshaft oil seal not even in the hole it was sitting on the end of the camshaft! :shock: So I push it back in with my finger but it slid in way to easily. So i was wondering if you all have any suggestions as what to do?

As I side note, the fuel pump relay was not engaging, so I checked the relay and found out that it was good, but it was not being switched so the fuel pump would run. I jumped the circuit with a piece of wire. But that can't be permanent so I was wondering if anyone could help me figure why that is not working correctly also.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Wrong seal? I'd take it to a good parts store and compare with a correct new one.

Comment

I would just replace it since its out.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Working...
      X