• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Festiva electrical mis hap mystery

Thanks in advance for any insight
    Fuel injected
    AC
    CD changer stereo add on
    Prior owner says second alternator since he owned it.
    Needs clutch
    Radiator
    New fan assembly
    175000 miles

Checking the fusible link I broke a terminal. Replaced with fuse block from Advance Auto as per prior posts. Like a dummy I had 20amp in EGI,20amp in Head and 10amp in Main.Started it ran for 5 seconds and blu main. So I replaced with 15amp in EGI 30amp in Main and 15 in Head.
    As per other posts.Checking other fuses in side the car the Room 10amp fuse was blown.I did replace with same.I also noticed that seat belts would not retract after too.I did check the fuel cut out switch in back and all connections to fuel injection .All other electrical seems to be operating with the exception of the dome lamp and a broken door switch.So I pulled it out so it wouldn't ground out.Festy turns over but wont fire now.BUMS ME OUT because it did run before all this.I was hoping to fix it up for my son. Are electrical problems constant in Festivas. If so should I persue this project.I thought I might have been OK being that fuses are supposed to protect wire and components. Thanks again

You took off the fusible links and installed the fused right .
    No Festivas really do not have a history of electrical problems ,
    But good connection's and good grounds are important.
    Look real close in the box where you plugged in the fuses .You may still have a bad conn there ,or when plugging in the fuses you may have another cracked or broken spade in there .
    The car ran before you replaced the fuses right ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

91 Festiva mis hap

That's correct switched fusible link to reg fuses.And yes it did run before I replaced it.You would think I would keep blowing fuses if a conn was bad.Should I get another fuse block from Advance Auto? How best to see if I have power there. I guess I will go over it again. Makes sense thanks for your experience. Any thing else you can add I appreciate

Comment

the best way to check for power is to use a Digital Volt Ohm Meter and to check for proper ground

Comment

Working...
        X