Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geezerstiva
    I'll thank you not to diss carburetors.
    until you some strange hard starting/surging/fuel is everywhere but in my carb problem

and no you can't use a stick of dynamite to tune your carb with :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor_cook
      Originally posted by dixiehorn festiva
      29 mpg? thats pretty haggard. my uncles Mark VIII gets better mileage than that. My festy is runnin at 42mpg and i just graduated, so thats proof that im doin the math rite!
      WOW 29 MPG in town in a mark VIII!!!!! that must be a new record WOW i really dont think your doing the math right even if you just graduated that claim to 29 or better in the city seems WAY off; even if it is great condition i doubt a mark VIII would get 29 on the HIGHWAY!!! http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/U...eviewroadtest/ i think to get 29 highway on that car you'd probly have to swap in a B3 and strip the interior!!!
      I know plenty of guys with crown vics that get 27 to 28.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Originally posted by darkdan
        Originally posted by Taylor_cook
        Originally posted by dixiehorn festiva
        29 mpg? thats pretty haggard. my uncles Mark VIII gets better mileage than that. My festy is runnin at 42mpg and i just graduated, so thats proof that im doin the math rite!
        WOW 29 MPG in town in a mark VIII!!!!! that must be a new record WOW i really dont think your doing the math right even if you just graduated that claim to 29 or better in the city seems WAY off; even if it is great condition i doubt a mark VIII would get 29 on the HIGHWAY!!! http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/U...eviewroadtest/ i think to get 29 highway on that car you'd probly have to swap in a B3 and strip the interior!!!
        I know plenty of guys with crown vics that get 27 to 28.
        1.) a mark VIII is heavier than a crown vic.
        2.) i bet they get 27 to 28 on the highway not the city
        -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

fellas, how bout we talk about something we can agree on, that there is def something wrong with a festy thats puttin down 29 mpg. whats that guys festy got, "a hemi in it" ???
          in a world of ricers and high gas prices, whats a boy who craves a muscle car to do? Buy a Festiva!

Comment

a guy that is putting down 29 in the city in a carbed festy might not be all that off... probly needs some carb work and should reach farely better numbers... also if you replace the stock "lead" foot with a lighter carbon fiber one you might do better as well
            -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva
              we have 2 festivas, ones a 90 EFI and the other is a 88 carbed. the 88 gets better mileage than the 90! 88 gets 40-46, 90 gets 40-42. i'll thank you not to diss carburetors.
              Normally cars without cats get better mileage - so my money would be on the carbed models generally speaking.

BTW - this Mazda 121 gets 24 (US)/ 30 (UK) MPG with A/C OFF - on average
              Tell it like it is...not how it should be

Comment

A crown vic is much heavier (about 4000 lbs even) then the very heavy Mark VIII (3760 lbs).

Chalk it up to body on frame instead of unibody.

But, yes, I was talking about highway. And they have 2.73 gears and I'm sure the mark VIII is geared higher (numerically).

Must be those 4v heads breathing so much better......

My 3.8L V6 TBird once got 28 mpg city! =) Does that count? LOL.
                www.dantheoilman.com
                AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

y'all's festys are seriously messed up. and my carb has never given any trouble, except high idle occasionally.
                  89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                  92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                  New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                  X