What's the best oil pan gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best oil pan gasket?

Alright I decided that i was goin to take the oil pan off and clean the oil pan. Which it needed a good cleaning. But now have gone through 2 felpro oil pan gaskets and i believe that both gaskets split dew from tightening down to much and i was wondering if there was a more durable oil pan gasket brand that could with stand a little extra torque if necessary. The first gasket i didnt know i couldn't torque it down to much. But then on the second gasket i just barely snugged it up(which it helped slow down the leak) it started leaking the next day so i snugged up more ( this slowed down the leak even more) then it started leaking again so i snugged it up again and now the oil leak is getting worse again. So again which oil pan gasket is the best so it will not split even if i overtighten alittle bit? Thanks

I am a big fam of the felpro permadry gaskets. FEL-PRO Part # OS30548R. They have a 12 month warranty and when installed to proper torque and following the install guidelines i have never had a problem.

Comment

Perhaps try doing it right and stop screwing up your gaskets. Tighten in a cross pattern, like you would the headgasket. No need to over tighten.

Comment

Working...
      X