Door area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door area help

So I took my door panel off to find the famous hiding speaker hole. I'm having a really hard time rolling the window up and down, what can I do about this? lube? alignment?

Also I noticed 3 wires (green, brown, and blue/red) are these speaker wires? power mirror? power window/lock?

This is on the passenger door of a 92 GL, driver door is next.
    Last edited by bp71monte; 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM.

forward track: coat with white lithium grease (thick stuff not the thin stuff). the edge of the glass is sticking to the guide seal and that will force the glass to shift into the track which makes the sticking worse....

3 wires: power mirrors.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      forward track: coat with white lithium grease (thick stuff not the thin stuff). the edge of the glass is sticking to the guide seal and that will force the glass to shift into the track which makes the sticking worse....
      3 wires: power mirrors.
      What you're saying makes sense but to use grease? Surely there are some graphite lubes out there that will accomplish the same thing.

Comment

If the flock is worn off the rubber lip of the belt molding, you can't put grease on it or the window will be all smeared. The only solution is new belts.

Comment

put it in the track, wipe excess off, i've done this to 3 cars already and the results are good. graphite wont work on the guide.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Where can I find power mirrors? and where would the switch go?

Comment

There were two kinds of power mirrors available for Festivas.
              One was the fixed position mirror. and the other was the foldable "swoopy" shaped ones. The switch goes in the square blank plate to the left of the steering wheel. If you remove the plate, you will see the unused connector. What a coincidence. I just happen to have a set of fixed position power mirrors from an 89 Festiva. I even have the switch. PM me if you are interested.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 04-11-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Bravekozak's Festy Parts and Supply, again! You didn't happen to clean out the rest of Roger's (FMS) stuff now did you?

Comment

No. I got those mirrors in Niagara Falls New York. FMS closed with a whimper. Too bad he didn't announce an inventory clear out.

Comment

There's also 2 wires running to the door latch, what do these do? I can't really see exactly where they go.

Were power mirrors a factory option? Will they fit from other cars like an aspire?
                    Last edited by bp71monte; 04-12-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bp71monte View Post
                      There's also 2 wires running to the door latch, what do these do? I can't really see exactly where they go.

Were power mirrors a factory option? Will they fit from other cars like an aspire?
                      Aspire, no...Protege, I believe so.
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Would you happen to know which years? I would presume same as festiva.

Comment

Those two wires go to a switch within the door latch to sense when the door is opened. It tells the seatbelt to move.
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Would you happen to know which years? I would presume same as festiva.
                            Protege with several interchangeable/modifiable parts can be found through the year range of '90-'94.
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts
                            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                            X