Drive axle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    tom, if you get rid of that aspire trans, let me know....
    I'll keep it as a backup actually, Arty.

Nitro, I just did a run this morning in my Aspire w/Aspire 5-speed. Driving at 55-58 average, I got 45.2 MPG over 170 miles. On another identical Aspire (white 95 SE), I got 46mpg driving at about 60 mph, but may have had a little headwind help on that trip. On my drive home today from Indystiva I got about 40, driving above 65 all the way.
    Last edited by TominMO; 04-20-2013, 09:20 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thats excellent mileage Tom. :thumbs_up: I have to clarify that my RPM is 3150 @ 77mph not 75 as previously mentioned. My speedo is @ 2mph off. I noticed that 65-70 is the sweet spot for my car with the Festy gearbox. But its really impossible for me to drive 65. Most times I'm floating along 77 mph on my 52 mile work commute.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Just filled up after driving the last 60 miles to Indystiva, then back home. Mostly drove 65-70 (3000 RPM) for this leg. Surprisingly, I got 42 MPG! Compared to the 45.2 I got doing 55ish (2400 RPM). I can only credit this to better aerodynamics on the Aspire vs. a Festy.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Got a surprise too!
          Filled up in STL for the trip to Indystiva and on the way back I thought to myself "I've come a long way on this tank."
          Made the round trip on a single tank 504.6 miles and put 9.522 gals in it, adjusted for the 155's I'm running via the GPS and I get 50.4 MPG.
          Not bad for having a Check Engine Light on (throwing a 15 and 17 code), broken down pipe bolt and flange to the front of the cat, as well as a suspected stuck/clogged IAC valve.
          Now I did have a full upper grill block!
          I try to keep at 60 MPH, but with the construction on the way in and finding a truck crusing at 57 MPH on my way back, my average was near 55 MPH for the trip.
          But hell, I'll take 50 MPH every day.
          Just begs the question exactly how much does the O2 sensor affect MPG, not to mention that the IAC must only function at lower RPM.

BTW, I want to thank Gauge and his wife for having us.
          Not only was he the host but the cook as well.
          On top of chief mechanic at his own meet!
          Thanks again Dennis and as always it was too short!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
          X