No announcement yet.

Transaxle help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nonamekid, I think I may have found a 5 speed I am going to go look at it tomorrow the jy is closed today and they have a bad reputation around here for selling bad engines and transmissions, but I have a couple more questions maybe you can answer for me. Beings it uses a tac instead of the shift light will I need to change the instrament cluster to the Lx one with the tac and did they use a universal wiring harness or will I need to change the dash harness as well?
    Last edited by Dwane; 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

^ No you wont have any worries at all with wiring. You will have two switches on the tranny Neutral & Reverse .And the computer uses the ground side of the neutral switch thats all.
      Last edited by nitrofarm; 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

awesome thanks nitrofarm, I may have found an entire 1989 lx to buy for $600 :-) waiting on a call now, and someone near me is looking for a carby engine and it has one in it that runs so I may be able to get some of my money back out of it pretty quick. It only has 99k miles on it but the guy bought it for a parts car and only took a few minor items off of it for his 92 gl

I would like to put the hatch on mine (it has the windshield wiper) and the passenger side electric mirror (mine doesnt have the passenger side) and the driver side as mine is manual and the lx has the electric. lots of good options if I can get this.

it even has a hitch on the back for what I dont know maybe pulling his goat to the field?
        this one even has alloy wheels that need cleaned up but they have great rubber on them too that is worth a couple hundred right there
        Last edited by Dwane; 04-21-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

well I just bought the 88/89 festy on http://olympic.craigslist.org/cto/3653408567.html and was able to talk the guy into letting it go for $450 it has everything I might need and an engine a guy not far from me is looking for. All he has removed from the car in 6 years has been the pully's and the ac pump. I am a happy camper, I would have paid 1-5 auto wrecking $300 just for a used trans with 200k miles on it if I would have gone just getting the trans route beings thats the only 5 speed close. I am a happy camper right now

Comment

(sorry to momentarily hijack the thread)

Dwane -

You PM'd me about buying some interior trim parts from you but I can't PM you back because you've got your settings set so that you cannot RECEIVE any PMs.

I'd like to buy some parts so change your PM settings and let's make a deal.

Thanks!
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Working...
            X