Need Help BP rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help BP rebuild

Sup guys! so I just rebuilt my bp with a bunch of goodies. Ive been driving it for about 500miles already and today I checked the spark plugs. When I took out the spark plugs I could see the piston and on top of it was a bunch of pebble size carbon pieces(it looked like) and some oil. Is this normal? thanks

No.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Do you know what it could be?

Comment

Worked on Sno-Cat all day..If the piston shows no sign of washing from the rings splattering is oil from a guide blowing down over a piston. Higher rpm and heat in the combustion chamber, higher rpm pumps more oil upstairs and a bad guide and seal will allow the oil to blow over the piston during the high rpm. Cold start with thick oil will also build up upstairs and will not burn hot to make the pebbly appearance but will lay in there as wet oil.

Without a boroscope picture there are a lot of possibilities but given the information you provided ...

Comment

Alright thanks man! I got new valve stem seals, and all new piston rings and pistons in the engine

Comment

Oil could even be coming from the valve cover if the baffle is full of carbon..on the inside where you can't see it!

Comment

Whats a baffle? And I do have a problem with my valve cover leaking. How would that cause carbon? thanks

Comment

Working...
              X