Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front right making a creaking sound when i turn???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front right making a creaking sound when i turn???

what needs grease???
    I will be doing a front brake job again (pizza car) so i will take a better look then .
    just wondering if there is a joint that gets dry that any of you guys know of.

thanks

shayne

If it happens when you turn I would say its a CV joint, if it maked a clicking noise when going straight it could be either a CV or a bearing. Check those bearings, if one seizes in there its scary and can be costly a little to fix. Those bearings chew up the insides really bad.

I say either a CV joint or bearing

Comment

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
      If it happens when you turn I would say its a CV joint, if it maked a clicking noise when going straight it could be either a CV or a bearing. Check those bearings, if one seizes in there its scary and can be costly a little to fix. Those bearings chew up the insides really bad.

I say either a CV joint or bearing
      A CV will not make noise when going straight.

I agree, this could be a bearing or a CV. I just got the passenger-side CV shaft changed, plus all four wheel bearings, it set me back $590 for parts and labour at Kal Tire. Adding insult to injury, the mechanic who replaced the bearings failed to tighten them properly, causing some wicked noises once the car reached about 40 km/h. Adding even more pain is the fact that I moved out of my parent's house the day after the repairs. I found myself 4 hours away in a new city with a repair job that had gone wrong. Thankfully, Kal Tire has a great warranty structure. I brought it in to a Kal Tire in my new city, a mechanic drove the car, and the proper adjustments were made within the hour.

If you really can't figure out what an issue is, bring your car into a chain auto-repair/front-end establishment and ask them to have a mechanic drive your car. This is free, and they will give you a quote by the book on parts and labour.
      A Festiva saved my life.
      Former owner of a '93 L.
      Rolled her at 120 km/h and walked away.
      R.I.P. "747"

Comment

CHECK YOUR BALL JOINTS NOW!!!!!

AND YOUR TIE ROD ENDS!!!!!

as long as it is a creaking noise while you turn the wheel

Comment

Working...
        X