Should I use these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I use these

Or send em back? They don't open till Monday but I need the car Monday, will this affect balance? The rear drums: image.jpgimage.jpg
    image.jpg

Send them back. Cast iron will snap if you try and straighten it.

Comment

get a refund and go somewhere else got mine at autozone

Comment

Will that little bit missing throw off the balance to a noticeable degree?
        Autozone will take a few days to get em and they're $10 more a piece.

Comment

i would not use them you paid for them and should get what you paid for, at least take them back and swap for another set

Comment

you can use them if you're in a bind (the balance won't hurt you), but if you install them you wont' be able to swap them out unless you have an understanding parts guy.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Well they're an eBay order so there's all the shipping to deal with, but since the truck is down now I'll have to use em.

Comment

i'd ask for a refund and send seller pics,the seller can get their money back from shipping service insurance.

Comment

Its not the balance you are worried about it is the way thermal activity will warp that thing big time.
                  Even for strength, your first clue will be wup-wup--wup---waapp whaaappp...
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

that missing chunk lip isn't going to cause a warp.... he'd have to have his rears engaged while rolling down the highway before he'd generate the kind of heat needed to warp that drum. normal driving will not cause a failure.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                      Its not the balance you are worried about it is the way thermal activity will warp that thing big time.
                      Even for strength, your first clue will be wup-wup--wup---waapp whaaappp...
                      And not in a good way.

i wouldn't chance it.. but if you need it, errrrgh, use them, remove them, wash them, clean them, send them back for a refund.
                      Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-28-2013, 07:01 AM.
                      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                      Highway - 7.32L/100km
                      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

And he needs the car Monday, drums are cheap, it isn't a safety issue because it will
                        give considerable warning before anything bad happens. Run it!
                        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                        X