Rear suspension trailer pulling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear suspension trailer pulling.

I'm looking for idea on rear suspension for my festy . I was thinking 200 or so pnd springs and Monroe sensi trac aspire struts . I can't seem to find any original size springs . Any idea would help ,thanks
    New build on the way .

The owner's manual says not to pull a trailer with a Festiva. Doesn't give a reason.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

ask neanderpaul he tows everything!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I recently put uncut Aspire rear springs on. Already had Monroe Aspire shocks in place. Sits a bit higher than OEM but a huge ride improvement over the FMS sport springs that were on there before. Sometime I might just cut off half a coil when I've got nothing better to do. Got those clean springs (front and back) from a forum member for $50. Money-wise that's the route for you to be considering, I would think.

Comment

Spring pounds should not be changed . Performance shocks, yes. Both front and rear if yours are worn out. The key is not how you change the car it is how you set the trailer up to the car. The tongue weight should not be over 50lbs and 20lbs is about right. The tongue should be level . Do not load the car in the back only when towing, you want to keep weight distribution equal .
          I have NEVER had a problem with brakes or anything else that would require stiffer springs or bigger brakes. A 2000lb car can only do so much. You have to think ahead while driving and towing. The biggest issue is keeping what you have in excellent condition. Yes, I changed a lot of stuff but none of the changes improved trailer towing on the hiway, only off road. Be safe!!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The image comes to mind, of your car towing the trailer full of logs. You have balls (chrome ones in fact). :p
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-05-2013, 02:08 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Oh please don't google that!! Yes, I have hauled a lot of heavy loads but I don't take that anywhere without knowing the grades and road surface between home and the mountains. My favorite was hauling a Honda civic on the trailer to a friends house...right through downtown!! From the looks on peoples faces you would have thought godzilla was following me!!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Funny how Pulling a Civic in a festiva can mean two totally different, but equally as impressive, things!
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                X