AC Help??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Help??????

I got the compressor installed and working great,now here is my dilemma. The light comes on the dash and I have no power at the AC clutch.All fuses are okay but I don't know if it's any others besides the fuse panel,for right now I have jumped the clutch and it does blow cold air.Can anybody help??????I like to put it back to factory spec.Thank you.Bill
    BillN1ass@gmail.com
    1989 Festiva L-4 speed Carby

sounds like you have a bad relay (or relay control)... that switch powers a relay to the clutch. time to start tracing wires.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Is a wiring diagram available for the AC anybody for 89 carby??????
      BillN1ass@gmail.com

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      sounds like you have a bad relay (or relay control)... that switch powers a relay to the clutch. time to start tracing wires.

Comment

yes, but we need to know if it's factory or dealer installed a/c

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

It's factory installed.
          yes, but we need to know if it's factory or dealer installed a/c

Comment

There are 3 relays plus A/C control amplifier in the circuit. Can you get your hands on a Haynes manual? It would help a lot. It has the wiring diagram for an 88-89 factory AC. Autozone had them for about 15.00, when I bought mine.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Is the 1990 ford factory manual the same with 1989??
              Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
              There are 3 relays plus A/C control amplifier in the circuit. Can you get your hands on a Haynes manual? It would help a lot. It has the wiring diagram for an 88-89 factory AC. Autozone had them for about 15.00, when I bought mine.

Comment

no, not at all. 90 and up are all EFI, they share nothing with the carby harness

Comment

I'll trade somebody the 1990 factory ford festiva manual ( both books) for a complete 1989 set.Bill
                  no, not at all. 90 and up are all EFI, they share nothing with the carby harness

Comment

There is a hidden thermostat behind glove box and a high pressure cut out switch on the high side line. Both are two wire and in the clutch circuit and can be jumped to engage clutch.
                    The thermostat fails most but you have introduced a lot of possibilities.
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I'll have to look behind the glove box,Thank you.

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                      There is a hidden thermostat behind glove box and a high pressure cut out switch on the high side line. Both are two wire and in the clutch circuit and can be jumped to engage clutch.
                      The thermostat fails most but you have introduced a lot of possibilities.

Comment

here are all the A/C pages in order of presentation from the 88 troubleshooting booklets that are plentiful, cheap, and invaluable on ebay that no one seems to buy.

Comment

You could have used the search engine to find the 89 wiring diagrams.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-27-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The location diagrams are not with our stickied electrical.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Question: is there a switch/POT to lower A/C temp.?
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                              X