Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starts sometime, but not every time???

So I've had my festiva about 3 days. And for those 3 days its ran great... started up and ran everytime. Well this morning I get in and try to start it and all it will do is turn over, I kept trying for about 10 minutes and got pissed off and went back into my house. I waited about 30 more minutes and tried again and it started. I drive it to my boyfriends and turn it off and when I try to start it again it won't start. I wait about 30 minutes and it starts right up. I think this is weird and want to know what the problem is, since I don't know too much about festivas yet. BTW when it does finally get started it runs fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it is?

Thanks to everyone in advance!!!!

please read this then ask your revised question again:

Comment

Ok sorry ops: .... It's a 1988 festiva Lx with an auto tranny. The guy I bought it from has replaced the timing belt and spark plugs on it. Sorry about that.

Comment

Id start by finding out if it a spark or fuel problem. Next time it wont start do the old screw driver in the plug wire trick, or pull a plug and see if you are getting spark. Be careful. If you do have spark next check to see if your getting fuel.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED UNTIL THE MATTER IN

FOR SALE/WANTED FORUM IS RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X