Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about battery relocation in trunk

Hey guys,

I am mounting my battery in my trunk to make way for my air meter and conical filter. I am completing the B6 swap, and wanted some input on a few things. I know Matt has installed his battery in the rear, but I don't know of anyone else that has. Did you guys install an in-line fuse, or circuit breaker? I know a lot of the relocation kits don't include either of those items.

Thanks guys,
    Joe
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

I have mine in the back, and it doesn't have a inline fuse. I figure I don't really need one because if anything the main fuse in the engine bay will pop before anything gets hurt.

Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
      I have mine in the back, and it doesn't have a inline fuse. I figure I don't really need one because if anything the main fuse in the engine bay will pop before anything gets hurt.

Logan

Yes but if your wire breaks between the fuse and the battery you could short out the battery causing it to explode.....if you have never seen a car battery explode trust me it is not pretty. You might as well fuse it as close the battery as you can

Comment

No fuse in either on mine. I wrapped the cable in old hose anywhere it made contact with something that could damage it.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
        BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
        BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
        New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I've been buttoning up this engine swap for a while now hehehe. I've run all the wire for the swap, and I even installed a 150amp fuse close to the battery box in the back. I just need to get some new black carpet, and I'll be in business.
          90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
          92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
          94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
          94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Working...
          X