LCA Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA Bolt

I am in the middle of doing my engine swap and figured I might as well change out the sway bar with an aspire one and switch out the control arms. I have one side done, but the other side the bolt will spin but not come out?! The nut on the back side isn't spinning so I take it that it is stripped. What should I do, or has anyone had the problem before (I did see a post like mine from 5 years ago but I figured I would start with a new thread since there was no answer).

Thanks in advance,
    Michael
    :festiva::newb::festiva:

Try getting a screwdriver under the bolt and pry away from the frame.. Usually what happens is the nut becomes unwelded when you try to back it off..
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

If all else fails you can cut the bolt get the lower control arm out of your way and fish it the rest of the way out .knock the rest of the nut off and replace the nut and bolt with another of the same size and length.

Comment

That is what I was thinking, I figured I would either have to cut the head off or chisel it off. But I was worried about getting the LCA out when the bolt was still going through it. The nut that is welded to the frame is still intact and looks like a blast to get to from the back side.

Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

It is a blast and the unsquare with everything angle just adds to the fun!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

If you use a sawzall from front and behind the bushing you'll have no problem pulling out the lower control arm .

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I will sawzall it off tonight and get some new ones ordered. I figured that is what I would have to do, but it makes it easier when other people tell me that's the right way to go lol.

Thanks,
              Michael

Comment

Working...
              X