Brights are not working i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brights are not working i need help

Ok so the brights don't work if i push the light stick forward but they come on if i pull it towards me, but when i push it forward then the headlights shut off plz help.
    Owner of a 1989 Maroon Ford Festiva lx 5 speed.

Bad switch. Replace the stalk.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have exactly the same problem on my Seattle silver 88LX. One day it just quit working exactly as you describe.

I purchased a new stalk from someone on here a few months ago but haven't got around to opening the box yet!

When I get the old one out, I'm going to figure out exactly what failed -- perhaps it's repairable.
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I used to have this problem on an 89 cougar. I could switch to brights but the lights cut out when iswitched to dims. It ended up being the switch.

As a temporary fix while i saved up the money to get the part(long ago when i worked at taco johns) i would punch the steering wheel straight in the middle. They flipped on every time after agood smack. Got a lot of weird looks from friends.

Man i miss pos. (The cars name because it was exactly that.) Its still going though. My cousin has it. It just rolled to 400k miles she told me.
        Last edited by Chobobulous; 06-04-2013, 12:39 AM.
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Is there a write up on this issue?
          Owner of a 1989 Maroon Ford Festiva lx 5 speed.

Comment

Working...
          X