Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 Festiva, Won't start after running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Festiva, Won't start after running.

Our Festiva starts fine when it is cold. However, it will not start sometimes after running for a while. Have had the carberator cleaned, plugs replaced, and the problem continues. Could the problem be the fuel pump in the gas tank? Or, something else?

hmmm a '92 Festiva shouldn't have a carb. Sounds like your engine has been swapped to an 88 or 89 5 speed at some point in it's life.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

No Carb?

You are probably right....No carburetor...I am not the swiftest when it comes to repairing this or any car. However, I am spent some dollars trying to get this car to start after being shut off and then trying to restart it. My local mechanic could not find the problem and I am wondering if anyone has a similar situation with their Festiva.

Comment

This 92 Festiva only has 40K miles and has always been dependable.

Comment

ignition module... it's likely getting too hot. get yourself some thermal paste and apply to the base of the module. it looks like this:

and goes here:

another option is the fuel pump.... OR the fuseable links (start with these). make sure the link connections are CLEAN and tight.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
          X