Possible Blown Head Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Blown Head Gasket

Good morning, iam having some issues with my 93 EFI Festiva. The car runs very cool when driving around, temp needle only moving slightly from cold. When the car is stopped the needle rises to roughly 3/4 on the gauge. The rad fan will kick in but only for about 10 - 15 seconds then shut off. Iam thinking i have a faulty fan temp sensor related with the fan issue. I took my rad cap off and the coolant is nice and green, i let the motor warm up and revved the throttle and u can see coolant kindof rushing from the top rad hose into the rad but not overflowing or spraying out the top, is this normal? At idle u cant see this. Iam thinking my headgasket may be on its way out :cry_smile:

If your not loosing coolant and not having white smoke come out the exhaust then its probably not a blown head gasket.
    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Change the Tstat. Mine was doing that a few weeks ago. Tstat fixed it. Found the factory original 2 stage in there. :shock:
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Thanks for ur help guys, i was getting a little concerned! Iam going to try the T-stat, i know the previous owner changed it and it may be a cheapo single stage.

Comment

If this is your first time replacing the thermostat housing, be very careful not to crack it. The thermostat tends to slip out of place
          and will get between the housing and the head and before you know it, you have tightened the housing bolt too much and the housing will crack.
          Do a search here and see how people have secured it in place in the housing before they tighten the bolts.

Comment

Working...
          X