automatic trans problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic trans problem.

i recently did an eng swap and had to reinstall the old automatic trans onto the new eng, flywheel, and torque converter as well. now here lies my problem. i reserviced the trans fluid, took it for a test drive, all good. a day or so after i come out, theres a huge puddle of ATF on the floor. i check servicing on trans, it is now showing over filled. and i cant find where the leak came from. checked around the bellhousing, where the trans axles attach, nothing? how is this possible?

Did you put in new axle seals when you ripped it all apart?

I'm no mechanic, I just know mine are leaking..

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

No offence, just tapping bases, but did you check the fluid level both times after a test drive to warm the fluid and both times level with car at idle, engine running?
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

yes i checked the level before and after, when it was hot i had to add a bit. and it doesnt seem to be coming from the axle seals. now i got a pesky coolant leak from the thermostat housing that doesnt seem to wanna go away!. always something i guess haha. thanks for the replies though!

Comment

You checked it while running and in neutral?
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yes while running, but not in neutral, just had it in park at idle. It seems to have stopped leaking now and fluid level is right on track so im hoping it stays that way.

Comment

You said that you "reserviced the trans fluid" so I'm assuming you dropped the pan, installed a new filter, and then poured in new fluid, correct? How much fluid did you pour in after installing the new filter and replacing the pan? Did you drain the torque converter while you had the engine out of the car?
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
              X