Factory Torque Wrench Specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Torque Wrench Specifications

I've created a master list of torque wrench specifications for the factory Festiva based on what I found in my Ford factory service manual with the Haynes manual to supplement. I have the Excel files as well, but they're too large to upload to the attachment system unfortunately. Please PM me or post up here with any additions, corrections, or recommendations as you see fit. Click the following link:

Torque List.pdf
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Not bad. What do think about adding a column for socket size?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-08-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Not bad. What do think about adding a column for socket size?
      That's an awesome idea. I will start collecting data tomorrow morning on bolt head size in all likelihood. Anybody who wants to help, please feel free to message me with some data. I will also make columns for thread diameter and pitch - I assume they're all metric, which is a good start I guess. That way, we can create our own factory bolt kits for re-assembly purposes and stock up on anti-seize to do it all. Metric fastener specialty shops are a wonderful place, that's for sure.

Comment

Just ordered a new set of titanium-coated hexagon dies and precision taps... should make the Bolt FAQ process significantly easier to figure out!

Comment

This is a bigger project than I thought. Here's what I managed to pick up in about an hour... once I found my pitch gauge. So far, so good!

Comment

Very good.
            When you get to the speedometer gear, it is 5/8 imperial thread.
            As for the temperature senders, I know some are straight thead with an O-ring seal.
            Pipe plugs, I am not sure, but I think they are DIN. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Very good.
              When you get to the speedometer gear, it is 5/8 imperial thread.
              As for the temperature senders, I know some are straight thead with an O-ring seal.
              Pipe plugs, I am not sure, but I think they are DIN. Good luck.
              Thanks much, BK! I'll be sure to keep you posted with updates as they come along.

Comment

Made a bit more progress on this project... debating making a centralized public access Google Document for this if anybody wants to help out. It is slow work for now, but it will be faster once I get my new metric-only tap and die set because working with the tiny little pitch checkers is just a bit of a pain for someone with XXXL uncoordinated hands. I have no idea if I'll be able to get access to engine internal fasteners or those from the transmissions, but I'll gradually build up a good list I figure.

Comment

This is a nice resource, I used some of it the last couple days. I need the thread pitch for the exhaust studs, I'm pretty sure the part that screws to the manifold is different from the thread pitch for the downpipe nuts...I need to know what size nuts to buy tonite! I've got a nut with me so I can figure it out there but it would be nice to know ahead of time

Also, I may have overlooked it but I didn't see the specs for the main bolts, tranny to block.

Haha, this would really be the ultimate nut and bolt guide to b3's if you added in the length of the bolt shaft from the tip to the flat underside of the head lol...
                  Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-10-2013, 11:33 AM.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Don't forget to add the thread size for the wiper attaching nuts. I think they are 18M X 1.0 ?
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-14-2013, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Aaron, I don't know if you have it, but the distributor cap screws are M4 X .7

I've ordered some metric pipe plugs to see if they fit.

Can I please get the spreadsheet file from you when you are finished?

Do they include the specs for the Aspire suspension mod?
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-06-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I referenced Aaronbrooks photobucket. It is still active. Does anyone know what happened to him? He hasn't been around for a while. I need to drill a couple of M10 holes in my center armrest supports. Thanks.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-17-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I'm still here, bud. Just haven't been in the game for a while... or cars overall to be honest with you. Been busy working and improving my health, and possibly picking up another Festiva...

I'll have to type up another copy of the spreadsheet... lost it on a hard drive failure on my laptop I think.
                          Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 10-10-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X