No announcement yet.

Bent a rod today :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I wouldn't have believed it either had I not seen 2 of them in person. I'll post up pics of the one I actually have when I get around to doing the autopsy... in a couple of years at the rate I've been going LOL. I'm interested to get inside of it and see just what happened.

Gotta love the old codgers (although, I did just turn 40 o.O) who think anything made in "Jay-pan" was meant to be used and tossed. Japan is who they have to thank for current domestic cars having longevity that's an order of magnitude higher than his trusty old 350 since domestic companies had to step up their quality game in order to compete. "Rebuild and go ANOTHER 100k miles" LMAO! I love it when I hear this! I usually look at them and tell them that's how long it takes to properly break break in a B engine :mrgreen:

I'd love for them to come by the shop and see all the "throw away motors" I have sitting around waiting to get built and on engine stands waiting for installation

Good find on the motor Racks-on-racks. Hope she works out well for you :thumbup:
    Last edited by Zanzer; 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM.
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Welp I got to see what happend to the motor today. Shot a rod right through the side of the block new motor is all washed up painted and ready to drop in

Comment

Originally posted by Racks-on-racks View Post
        Welp I got to see what happend to the motor today. Shot a rod right through the side of the block

That's 3 now....adding it to the "mental list". Makes me want to look inside the one I have even more.

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

Started the new motor today first key turn fired right up no problems what a good day

Comment

Awesome! We always like to hear good news :thumbup:

WWZD
            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Very pleased with the 75 dollar motor lol wayyyy stronger than my old one with 260k miles on it lol

Comment

Working...
              X