Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radom crank and no starts. Pulling hair out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radom crank and no starts. Pulling hair out.

Daughter was driving the 91 5 speed and rand out of gas and then it just died in the middle of the freeway. When I got it home it started but engine was missing bad. Found a plug that center electrode was gone (never seen that before) It wasn't burnt just gone. Replaced it and ran great. needed new exhaust so after replacing it the thing would not start. checked filter and had good fuel pressure but plugs were wet. Looked at spark and it seemed weak and erratic, The plugs wires, dist and rotor are about 6 mo old and still look good, so I replaced coil and ignition module and spark looked better, and it started. Fixed! Not so fast. Thursday night. cranking but not even trying to start. Went to look at it Sat morning started and ran. Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and started, let it warm up, and shut off several times all day. never failed to start. Drove it all over Sunday slight stumble in second on hard acceleration, but nothing too serious. Parked it and got up this morning and cranked and not fire again! I'm going to tray a new rotor and cap even though they look good. Any suggestions before I start swapping expensive parts?

egi fuse? corrosion there can cause week spark durring start-up (heavy current draw situation). or dirty ground at controler.... i'd start there first
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
    X