Won't fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't fire

I'm looking at buying a Festiva. The guy said he pulled it into the shop to replace the radio and now it won't "fire". The car is 2 hours away and only wants $500 for the car and a extra motor. Could this be a easy fix or should I stay away? The guy just doesn't have time to mess with it and it's in his way.

sounds easy enough... likely a fuse issue. go get it!!

if it's more, we have more then enough knowlege to get it up and running.

if you add your location, a local member should be able to lend a hand as well.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Sounds like what happened to me a couple months back when I was changing my headunit. Is it an auto? If so and it wont shift out of park then Id check the ROM (or whatever) fuse, thats what ended up being the problem for me.
      91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
      Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
      Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

No it is 5 speed. I'm in western ky.

Comment

I'd get it. Like Festyboy says, it's probably something as simple as a fuse. Especially since it coincided with the guy messing with the radio. Heck, if it's in his way and he wants it gone that bad, offer him $400 since it obviously has something wrong with it now *wink wink* Then, take a few bucks of the money you saved and buy some fuses

There's nothing on these cars that can't be fixed unless the whole car is burnt to the ground...and even with that I'm sure someone on here would figure out a way to make a rat rod out of the burnt out shell :mrgreen:
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

For sale or possible trade is a 1991 ford festiva 5 speed ive had it for 9 years and bought to drive long distance has 259,000 miles on it but at 239,000 I had the motor completely rebuilt machined at tuckers new pistons rings gaskets crank polished went ahead and installed new clutch while it was out new belts and new water pump new cv axles and brakes bill was little over 1400.00 but its a gas saver has good tires had great heat and air few dings and dents nothing major and cracked winshield I drove it in the shop to put new radio in it and now it has no fire to crank I don't have time to mess with it or really need it anymore prob something simple but its in the way asking 650.00 or trade for small pull behind camper or anything else no pop ups also I picked up a spare motor and parts few years ago if you want it u can have it for 50.00.

So i think I'll be picking it up. Thanks guys. Let y'all know when I get it.

Comment

I bet it's the inertia switch. Check to see if it's popped up. If it is up, don't say a word until he has signed over the ownership. Then push it back down and drive away laughing.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-16-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Well someone beat me too it. Back on the hunt

Comment

you cant wait on deals like that...
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                  X