Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny (size of cellphone) pre-formed coolant system hose on front of engine

91 or 92 manual Festy with AC and PS.

I sprang a leak in the tiny coolant hose on the front of the block.

I think it's item # 8597 on the diagram I found in this thread:

I've attached a photo of the hose next to a cellphone for sizing and one of the two points it connects.

I'd prefer the pre-formed hose to avoid kinking straight hose.

Has anybody tried to buy this part? Know the full part number?

Until now, I never knew there were more than 4 coolant hoses (incl the 2 heater ones) on a Festy. Now that I know that this little bit of hose can bring down a Festy, I'm going to replace it on all of my driveable cars.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 06-16-2013, 11:02 PM.
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

take a length of correctly sized fuel line, insert a section of brake hard line or similar tube, bend the hose to shape and install.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

FestyBoy,

In a pinch, I'd use your method. I'm prepping this car to be transcontinental-capable, so want as few possible kinks (pun intended) as possible. I'm replacing all of the cooling system hoses and virtually every other rubber part (bushings, etc.) here where I have space and summer weather to work on it.

Chobobulous,

That thread says the OP has sold his entire supply.

Anybody,

Got a source and part number? AFAIN, the only retail parts stores we have here in Seattle are Napa and O'Riley.
        88L black, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

You should have been in the last group buy from Four Green. I ordered the same part for myself. KKY0115261. 71 cents. I also bought the upper (MB30115186) and lower (MB30115185A) rad hoses.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 06-17-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Bravekozak,

I've tried several times to PM you regarding group buys. It always gets kicked back saying your PM bucket is full or something to that effect.

I'm headed to Napa this a.m. -- if they have it, I'm sure their price is going to be a wee bit more than 71 cents!
            88L black, dailydriver
            4 88/89 disassembled
            91L green
            91GL aqua pwrsteer
            92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post

I'm headed to Napa this a.m. -- if they have it, I'm sure their price is going to be a wee bit more than 71 cents!
              Napa #10206.

Cut to fit. I may be a bit late in my response but i still hopes it helps.
              Last edited by lessersivad; 06-17-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                take a length of correctly sized fuel line, insert a section of brake hard line or similar tube, bend the hose to shape and install.
                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FestYboy again.

dangit!
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

RockAuto.com

Part# 63818

$8.74

Have to cut it to length
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I went to both Napa and O'Reilly today.

Napa offered a "cut to fit" upper radiator hose which is already too short on one end -- same thing I experienced last summer trying to buy radiator hoses on the East Coast. O'Reilly had nothing to offer, even with the part numbers from several recent threads here.

For the little hose (did somebody here call it a "bypass"?), Napa had nothing to offer. I didn't see "lessersivad"s note above until after I got home. O'Reilly offered its p/n 18202 for $10, which has a whole extra bend which I'll have to cut off (I bought one, since my AC+PS vehicle split its down the middle and gushed fluid).

I also bought what purport to be proper heater hoses from Napa. I'll find out this weekend how well they fit.

Clearly, it's time to get a lifetime supply of cooling system hoses (and other molded hoses I see on the FIs -- don't even think about hoses for carbies!) from Four Green. And other stuff, like bushings for everywhere on the vehicle. And oil seals, like on the inside of drums, on front wheel bearings (how many?), and where driveshafts enter the gearbox.

The other day, O'Reilly told me that they used to stock SEVEN different widths of wiper blade refills and now stock only ONE. What are the chances it's the size Festies need? They still sell whole wiper blade assemblies for '90 & up. For '88/89, they provide a pin you can stick into the wiper to turn it into the 88/89 style mounting. Kind of kludgy ... The day of reckoning is fast approaching when our beloved Festies will be grounded for lack of some $0.71 rubber part!

I will soon be buying a good quantity of show-stopper things like rear wheel pistons, rebuilt front calipers, drive shafts, and new rear drums (got one pair from Napa today for $50). Bravekozak, is that kind of stuff available (economically, considering shipping) from Four Green, or are they just for smaller lightweight parts?

I don't know where I'm going to keep all this stuff -- maybe store (hermetically sealed against moisture) it in a dead Festy parked in the weeds.
                    Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 06-18-2013, 02:13 AM.
                    88L black, dailydriver
                    4 88/89 disassembled
                    91L green
                    91GL aqua pwrsteer
                    92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

All Four Green stuff shipped by air from Korea to the continental U.S. or Canada, gets sorted at the Anchorage Fedex facility. You would be best placing your own order. Shipping would be a lot cheaper than sending it to Virginia and then back to Alaska again.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 06-18-2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Agreed -- no point in hauling stuff an extra 7,000 miles. All trans-northern-Pacific cargo aircraft gas-and-go at Anchorage --- about 700 every week.

Bravekozak, do you have a list of what parts Four Green offers, with prices, and ordering procedures?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 06-18-2013, 10:06 PM.
                        88L black, dailydriver
                        4 88/89 disassembled
                        91L green
                        91GL aqua pwrsteer
                        92GL red a/c reardmg

Comment

You can order online and Four Green will just deliver to to the specified drop point.

I explain in the Four Green Group Buy thread how to use Google Translate to get the equivalent 3-door Kia Pride part numbers.

You need to type in a valid part number in order to get a price.

Good luck.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 06-19-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X