A/C temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C temp.

Is there any way to adjust the temp. from the A/C?
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Yes. The thermostat switch is near the bottom left of the condenser housing.
    There was a recent discussion about controlling the cycling on and off of the A/C.
    If you have a carby and don't want any cycling (i.e. the compressor to remain engaged until you push the A/C button off) just pull the two wires off the thermostat and join them together. Unfortunately, the ECA controls the cycling on EFI Festivas. I am betting you want to be as cold as possible. I disconnected my heater core because it is only driven in the summer. That prevents a lot of heated water from flowing into the blower box. You could install a manual, vacuum, cable or electrical shut-off valve in your heater hose in line to achieve the same purpose.

I would recommend a simple manual shut off valve for Florida summers.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-26-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Take your glove compartment out and it will be much easier to get to. It's been a long time but I think there is a small screw that can be adjusted to make the compressor stay on longer. Movin was a lot of help when I did mine. It's been over a year since I adjusted mine and it still works well. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, hope I can find the screw!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Mine didn't have a screw it was a little lever. I could see it if i look under the dash around the right side of the glove box. I can post a photo of it tonight if you like.
          91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
          06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Please do! I need pics! My Festy is a '93 MTX with dealer installed A/C. I'm hopeing it will help a little , It is HOT here! And humid.
            Last edited by navdoc101; 06-26-2013, 02:28 PM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

thats cool is this something only festivas have or would newer cars have this as well?

im assuming it controls the pressure at which the system runs at?

higher pressure coldest
              lower pressure least cold.
              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

On an '89 with factory air there is a little lever that gets adjusted by the temp. adjuster lever on the control panel. I think you have to take the little box apart and mess with it. I'm at work and it has been too long so I can't remember everything about it. It controls a contact that turns the compressor on and off. You adjust it so it turns off at a higher temp. You'll figure it out if it is like mine.
                Last edited by zoe60; 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                  Is there any way to adjust the temp. from the A/C?
                  Hello Doc, this is what your 93 Festy AC box looks like and yes down in the lower left corner is were you can do your adjusting, as Zoe60 said take out the glove box it makes things easier, as you can see in the pic there is a small screw you can adjust, don't go very far, a little goes a long way, but if it stays warm go a little farther. good luck Hmm stupid camera operator.

An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Thanks sc72! I'll go look a little later. Its raining now. Thanks!!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      Yes. The thermostat switch is near the bottom left of the condenser housing.
                      There was a recent discussion about controlling the cycling on and off of the A/C.
                      If you have a carby and don't want any cycling (i.e. the compressor to remain engaged until you push the A/C button off) just pull the two wires off the thermostat and join them together. Unfortunately, the ECA controls the cycling on EFI Festivas. I am betting you want to be as cold as possible. I disconnected my heater core because it is only driven in the summer. That prevents a lot of heated water from flowing into the blower box. You could install a manual, vacuum, cable or electrical shut-off valve in your heater hose in line to achieve the same purpose.

I would recommend a simple manual shut off valve for Florida summers.
                      I tied the wires together on my EFI and it worked the same way. Stays on all the time and it's humid enough it start a snow storm out the vents.
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                        Hello Doc, this is what your 93 Festy AC box looks like and yes down in the lower left corner is were you can do your adjusting, as Zoe60 said take out the glove box it makes things easier, as you can see in the pic there is a small screw you can adjust, don't go very far, a little goes a long way, but if it stays warm go a little farther. good luck Hmm stupid camera operator.

There you go! A picture is worth a thousand words. Like sc72 says take your time and don't overdo it. It's probably not really made to be adjusted, but it can be done. Made a huge difference on my car.

Comment

That's not what mine looks like. I l have mine all the way on? Open? Whatever the term is. Its about 105 here and with 20 % Tint it cools the car down pretty good. If i didn't have the cabin Air filter it may cool a little more..... sacrifices. Im on the way home now. Ill have the photo up in an hour or so.
                          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Here you can see mine in the photo. I also have a dealer installed ac. I pulled the little lever my finger is on all the way towards the passenger seat. There is a black and white wire and a green wire going to it.

For a while when iwas hunting for relays idrove with the compressor on all the time. I connected the two wires needed to engage the compressor. I don't recommend it. I had all kinds of problems with idling. It idled real crappy and when i was driving and shifted into neural to coast into a stoplight or whatever it would die.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13009[/ATTACH]
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Thank you all!! I'll be tryin' this in the morning!!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                              X