fuel injector wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injector wire?

I have just purchased two festivas.I have a ocean or (baby blue) 90 model and a red 91 model.On the red 91 i was just running on three cylinders so My mechanic said burned valve so we pulled the head and behold the piston on # 4 was clean as a whistle and I had the head reworked and grabbed up a new gasket kit.We somehow lost our marks on the head( im no mechanic ) in the head being vatted.
    The car cranked with no smoking at all but timing was off.he re did all that and then discovered as it was skipping that by moving a wire on the number four injector that it evened out with correct timing and all is well.could this have been the prob the entire time.as well how do I check my fuel injection out on both cars?
    I am blessed as the blue one 1990 model was a friends dads daily driver and he purchased all fitted hoses for it and took great care of it even going back to the factory blue pant.It has 182 thousand on it and if left idling it will smoke a little but i do not notice it while driving.Does any one know if the engine restore additive really works and if its worth my time? It rarely smokes at all but of course i want it smoke free.Its a very peppy 5 speed and fun to drive!also he was recharging the air every summer and it seeme3d to last all the hot season.Does the AC leak repairs work and if so which one?

any help will be deeply appreciated.
    I will also post pictures of both along with a diagram that shows you how to lay the backseat down three different ways on all fetivas.
    I have mine layed down flat like a small bed upholstery side facing up and it looks great and you can even hide grocerys ect in /under it!
    ( i figure most festy owners know this third option but here is the you tube on how to do it.

the fuel injection on Festys is batch fire (2 at the same time for the paired cylinders). to test the circuit, a DVOM and a noid light are your tools. the injectors are ground controled so they always see battery voltage (iirc it's the green/yellow wire... it's common to all the injectors) verify that you have B+ at each injector plug and do a wiggle test. if you see voltage drop out, repair the bad wire. if all is good on the + side, check the ground with the noid light (one injector at a time and with the engine running).

as far as the smoking '90 goes, it sounds like it's due for a SeaFoam regimine.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

As far as "if the wire was the problem"
      ALWAYS Check the simple stuff First!
      I have been messing with my GF Honda CRV because it was skipping. Code was misfire cyl#1... checked injector, plug, and wire. ALL good... looked online and says crv's had valve problems... Hmm.
      Pulled everything, adjusted valves. Then it ran good for about 20 miles. Then misfire again! Pulled VC and checked adjustment. It was good... WTF?
      Put it back together to take it to a shop for valve job, and it ran good?!?!?!
      After throwing some tools in frustration,
      It made me think.. plug wire? YEP! Would vibrate off plug just enough to cause misfire! Crimped the end and now it runs like new!

Also.... I only Use "Seafoam" and "Motor restore" (the blue stuff)
      Keeps my BP running awesome!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
      93L sold. First FESTY!
      91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
      91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
      89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
      93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
      89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
      93GL Sold Too Soon!
      91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Working...
      X