Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft Sprocket Removal - HELP!

20130705_123226.jpg

I need to replace the front crankshaft oil seal. In trying to remove the crankshaft sprocket I have managed to break the backing on the sprocket with no signs of the sprocket moving. Can someone tell me how to remove the sprocket? What type of puller to use? etc....

Thanks.

Never seen one get that stuck on a B3, but I know on the B6D/BP a lot of the Miata guys end up using a cut-off wheel to cut notches in the teeth of the gear and use a puller on that.
    Last edited by Pu241; 07-05-2013, 03:39 PM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I've used a small version of the below puller to remove stubborn sprockets. You may have to get some correct size bolts that fit the sprocket or possibly use a couple of the timing cover bolts.

Free-shipping-Harmonic-Balancer-font-b-Puller-b-font-Damper-font-b-Pulley-b-font-Gear.jpg

You may be able to borrow one from Advance or Autozone.
      Last edited by Zanzer; 07-05-2013, 03:14 PM.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

I tapped all the way through the sprocket and tried screwing bolts into the sprocket and forcing the sprocket off. I succeed in punching holes in the oil pump. Now I will try to find a small puller, if not then I will cut notches in the sprocket.

I guess I will not be able to take my Festy to Reno next week, I will have to endure the trip in Benz.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks,
        Bob

Comment

Working...
        X