Oil Pump Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump Replacement

Well I totally destroyed my oil pump when trying to remove the crankshaft pulley.

I checked Rockauto today and they do not have a listing for an oil pump for a 91 Festiva. Where should I order from?

Thanks.

autozone shows a price of $152 but near me it says to call the store so they would probably need to order it

*edit* I must have got the last one from rock auto because they dont even show one for my 1990.
    Last edited by gergorian; 07-08-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I don't see the gasket set listed in Rockauto either.

Comment

Rockauto part # OP490A
        Showing in stock.

EDIT: Sorry. That is for a 93. Is there really a difference?
        Last edited by sketchman; 07-08-2013, 03:02 PM.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

93 has a large crank snout.
          Last edited by Zanzer; 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

I have a used oil pump from an 89 parts car that I have. Are oil pumps for 89 and 91 the same?

Comment

should be, provided there isn't an engine swap to a large snout block in its past.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Not sure if the actual housing is different between the large and small snout oil pumps. A guy may be able to swap the gear sets between them. This is only speculation....Ive never had the 2 different versions side by side.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

He's probably going to need the housing because he said he destroyed something removing it. And if thats the case he'll def need the early model right? (Thinking out loud)
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                  X