Transmissions keep going out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmissions keep going out

I bought my 2nd Festiva with a bad tranny for a really good price. I them put in a transmission and about 20k miles gears starting to grind and tranny went out. Not having enough time to put a new one in a paid my trusted mechanic to do it. Again about 20k miles later same thing transmission went out. Any one ever have a problem like this or ever heard of it. My other festiva has had the same transmission since i bought it 5 years ago and still drives perfectly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Make sure they are putting in tranny fluid of some sort. You don't say whether it is auto or manual BTW.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Is it leaking tranny fluid...and then getting run without any?
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Its a mt 5-speed. And the transmission fluid level is good. Someone told me that the axles could be misalligned due to motor mounts not being right, make any sense?

Comment

Even if the axles were misaligned, it would most likely kill them instead of transmission. Where do you get these transmissions from? Does your rear main seal leak? That could indicate a bent or wobbling output shaft from engine. What kind of fluid has been ran in the transmissions?

Comment

Just bad luck. Don't buy any lottery tickets for two months.

Comment

How are they failing? Gears grinding in all of them? How rough are you on em?
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Powershift much?

Comment

Working...
                X