HELP! Stripped fitting on condenser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Stripped fitting on condenser!

I just installed my condenser. BUT!!! I had to remove the dryer, and in the process it stripped out most of the threads on the condenser side.
    It look like the hose should go in further, because the little rib around the hose I assume is supposed to sit flush against the condenser, if I can just get the hose into the condenser, I still have enough thread left to where I can just use some loctite, and tighten it down.

What can I do about this?
    Am I going to have to buy another condenser just because a damn fitting decided to strip? took me a couple hours to figure out how to fit that damn thing in, I don't want to take it out again..
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Aluminum is a very, very soft metal and extra care must be exercised at all times with Al threaded fittings. You should be able to finger tighten and then crow foot snug on the O-rings. Regrettably, this must be replaced.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

*sigh* this blows, I am broke until next friday, and I am willing to bet the only A/C festiva at upullandpay is going to be gone by then.

They are the cheapest source for a condenser at $26.

Comment

Whoever thought it was a good Idea to use aluminum for fasteners needs to be beaten over the head.

Comment

Working...
        X