Aspire motor to Festiva motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire motor to Festiva motor

This is my first time posting, ive been lurking for a long time tho. I want to have my 91' Festiva around forever, but i'll need spare parts. I recently gutted an aspire with an auto trans. mostly for the suspension swap but i also robbed the engine. Is there anything I can interchange between them?
    If u would like more info I am reasonably capable to answer.
    Jacob

Pretty much everything! Karl (sc72) lives in your area.
    Last edited by Prafeston; 07-11-2013, 07:50 PM.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Hello IowaFestiva, Welcome to the site and for coming out of the lurker closet, drop me a line, let me know were your at and lets get together and talk parts, oh by the way there will be a Festiva-Aspire meet the last of Sept 14 or the 28th it would be a good way for you to meet and greet some of the Midwest members. This meet is open to anyone and their cars.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

B3 engine is bullet proof but OBDI and OBDII versions do require entire peripheral swaps. Gas tanks off 3 doors are the same and once you scavenge the motor, suspension, brakes and sway bar there isn't really much else of use from an Assfire for a Festy. There are the odd (two ways to interpret this remark) folks on this site that appreciate fancy parts and fluff stuff off "Ford's 94-97 better idea" but mostly whatever you have left after is scrap.
        The majority of n. American Festy owners value the generation 2 Festys (bubble cars) considerably much more as mechanical donors than they do as cars that they would be seen driving.

Comment

GOOD TO BE OUT! Im just going to scrap the rest other than the seats. I am having a hell of a time with this suspension swap tho. I seem to have everything together correctly and aligned. But on the road, it "hops" or maybe "clicks"? so i put it back on jacks and found that the CV shaft wont spin correctly when its in the wheel hub. Somethings wrong and I'm all broken up about it.
          Jacob

Comment

Its missing one of the three caps on the inner cv
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

If your talking in the knuckle I checked them, it was a real hassle I was thinking maybe I left out the washer between the wheel bearings. Of course I can't remember, but I'm not sure if it would make a big enough difference.
              Jacob

Comment

Working...
              X