Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Festiva Questions

Hi all,

I just purchased a 91 Festiva 1.3 Liter, 5 Speed Manual, and I have a few questions. I've been finding it hard to use the forum search so I'd appreciate if you could leave a link to an article that posts a solution or simply a quick answer. Thank you.

1. What distinguishes the L GL etc. trims? Which do I have?
    2. Where can I buy the shifter lever bushing that stops the play in the gearshift? Mine sways so far to either side that it needs to press into the seat in order to get into 1st and 2nd.
    3. I've been doing some work on the front brakes and I find the design annoying to work with. How do you upgrade to aspire brakes?
    4. My emergency brake cable broke, where can I find another?

Thank you!

91 (if you're in n. America) means you possess an electronic fuel injected motor (EFI), 5 speed means you've got the best of the best for reliability/service and fuel economy. "L" cars were strippers (with vinyl edged seats that have all gone to hell by now) and GL and LX (US vs Canada) jobs had tachs (some of them) and alloy wheels, power mirrors/rear wipers/fabric-covered seats and black-edged windows/doors.
    Festy brakes (fronts) suck the proverbial egg with their integral rotor/hub design and the oddball 4 1/2 inch wheel bolt pattern is no help either. If you can find a dead or dying Aspire somewhere make sure to bring the whole thing home with you; brakes/sway bar/rear trailing arm all provide wonderful upgrades that modernize your car and bolt right on. Assfire front brakes are same as later Kia Rio brakes and have pre-load bearings and a spacer built in (just like Festys) but at least you don't have to tangle with the hubs every time you want to play with the rotors.
    Bravekozak is "the" guy to contact about shifter rebuild kits (a miracle fix, trust me), and goodies like E-brakes.

Comment

I dont have time to answer 91 questions about a Festy!!! Thats to many!!!

(Sorry. I had too) :razz:

Welcome to the site!!!!

A few answers anyway

1) Mostly trims
      2) Member here sells them. Look up (in community) named BRAVEKOZAK
      3) You are completly right ...annoying ... design is bad, but not that hard to deal with
      ...type in Aspire brake swap in the search, it will pop up with a few threads on the subject, plus we have "stickys" about all the brake swaps you can do. An aspire swap has a diiferent wheel bolt pattern (festy = 4 x 114.3mm or 4.5 inches - aspire = 4 x 100mm)
      4) Start a WTB (want to buy) thread here, Most prolly get someone who will want to sell you one, cheap

....and about the search function...it does not recognize 3 letter words or less, and if you type in the thing you need, you should find it and if you look under "forums" you will see many different catagories dealing with various areas of the Festy

^
      click the "forum" box, top left of page .................................................. ...........or click the "quick navagation" down @ bottom right
      Last edited by drddan; 07-12-2013, 05:19 AM.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
      X