Blower motor upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower motor upgrade?

Does anyone know of a blower motor or fan that would be a suitable upgrade for the measly one in the dash of a Festiva. I have hardly any heat 1) because I know the fan doesn't blow too hard and 2) because the fan doesn't blow too hard. I've tried everything. The heater core gets super hot on both the inlet and outlet. There just isn't much airflow at the vents. It barely even does a defog on a foggy summer morning. With my seats and carpet out and the dash more accessible, now would be a good time to tear into it.

Anyone done anything like this?
    -Bryant

first thing that came into my head was something Tim Allen Home Improvement style.... what do we need... MORE POWER
    Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
    89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

You could try to clean off the heat core. Bravekozak show him the picture of yours lol. They get pretty nasty.
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Core is hot, no airflow = blocked ducting somewhere IMO. The stock fan is fine, if it is operating properly.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Is there ANY way to clean off the heater core without removeing the whole dash??
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I had a/c before it wasn't all that dirty when I took it out and it is first in line. I had thought of that but was thinking that maybe it was.... I will prolly try and remove the dash today and do some cleaning/modifying.
            -Bryant

Comment

I don't think so navdoc
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Crap!!
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I knew my core was dirty, open from outdoors, blows like a madman, flipped to direct air thorough core, 1/3 of the air..... Sooooo

I snaked a 2" super thin flexible hose into the ductwork, with a 2" ball valve, off the pair of 500gal propane tanks I use for air storage for sand blasting.

Reallllly cleaned her out. A lot of dirt and lint/dust blew out.

She let's a lot of air through now.

That, combined with making longer hoses, propped upright, so I could let phosphoric acid sit overnight to eat crud, spits out serious heat and air now.

My experience, good luck.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                  Last edited by jason_; 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X