CV shaft trouble, Aspire sus. swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV shaft trouble, Aspire sus. swap

I just did my suspension swap to my 91' manual trans. Fest. I used Aspire everything in the rear (no problems there). And used the aspire brakes wheel assembly and shocks/springs. The sway bar and control arms are from the Fest. The problem seems to be in the driverside CV shaft (short shaft) almost like the shaft is being torqued too far down. when i spin the wheel it hits/stops. I looked at the inside knuckle and everything seems to be in order. Has anyone had this problem or have a solution to what i may have done wrong?

I hope i posted this in the correct place.
    Jacob

Does this happen with the suspension hanging, car jacked up ? The inner cv is likely bottoming.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Yes, but on the road you can also feel it.
      Jacob

Comment

Not being able to hear it I can't say for sure but I have more experience with this sort of thing than I would like to fess up to..the vibration is coming from the left inner cv. The fix would depend on what the camber of the front reads. In a level surface after the car has rolled look carefully at the front tires. Get out in the front and
        "gun sight" along the side walls of the front tires compared to the rear tires. It is important that the car has been rolled to a stop perfectly straight ahead when you do this. Does the front tire appear to be straight with the rear or is the top of the tire in or out compared to the rear?
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I would say its toed in.
          Jacob

Comment

Working...
          X