What's This Part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's This Part?

i'm looking for this part off my 89' festiva because one of the two vacuum hoses connected to it has broken off, as you can see i just plugged it which makes it run fine but i would still like to fix it but i've searched everywhere for it. i'm calling it the canister purge valve, or solenoid or switch or something along those lines because that's what the vacuum line chart seems to suggest, but nothing seems to come up so i assume it's called something else. i should probably just go to a junk yard and look for one but i'd like to know what it's called so i can try to find a new one because i'm sure the festiva isn't the only car they ever put it on.
    thanks.

i'm not sure why the picture is sideways i must have missed something, but nonetheless...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FestivaGypsy; 07-15-2013, 12:39 PM.

I'm assuming carb'd motor? 89's were EFI when they had an automatic in them but carb'd if they were standard

Might make a difference in your search

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

EFI, it's an automatic

Comment

I believe that is the purge canister solenoid. I just got rid of mine as well as the canister, as it serves no real point other than to reduce evaporative emissions. Which there is no emissions testing in my state.

Comment

What he said. Chances are the charcoal canister is no good anymore.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yeah i pretty much figured it serves not much of a real purpose, other than when it was broken and i didn't plug the hose it idled rough. i'd still like to replace it one day, i wanna take care of the little guy.. since i blew the transmission in my first one drag racing it lol i figure with this one i'll do my best to keep all of it in one piece, including things like this that aren't much use

Comment

It was idling rough because you then had a vacuum leak. If you want to retain it thats fine but you really won't lose anything if you remove it.

Comment

right, i plugged the hose with a bolt a long time ago, i'm just trying to figure out the proper name for that part so i can search for it easier, i've tried purge canister solenoid but no one can find it under that it seems so i'm just wondering what else it might be considered. it's probably something no one makes anymore anyway

Comment

If you really need one then I can see if I can find the one I removed. I don't know if it works but its yours for just the shipping to get it to you if you want.

Comment

canister purge solenoid. not available but here are the part #s if your parts store can cross reference. MOTORCRAFT DYE-610. FORD part# E9BZ 12A170

Comment

for sure, i really appreciate that, send me a picture of the plug if you find it, though i very highly doubt it'd be different, my luck says otherwise

Comment

Working...
                      X