screw for ignition wiring to ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screw for ignition wiring to ignition

the screw that attaches the wiring harness bundle to the ignition was lost long ago. Any one have an idea what size screw might fit that hole? the wire assembly keeps backing out of the slot since there is nothing to hold it in place.

Ford has no idea what it is and didn't even show it in diagrams.
    ------------------
    Tedra Ortega :female:

'11 Ford Fiesta Sparkling Red (my daily ride)

'06 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT (hubby daily ride till we get the "little roadster" running - beep! beep!)

'91L Festiva white "LITTLE ROADSTER", "I survived Hurricane IKE" :cool:, 5-speed

It seem like a random small course thread screw. I bet a short drywall screw would do the trick just as good.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Can you just go get one from a JY?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

all the festiva's are missing the ignition around here. i had to order one online from another junk yard to get the ignition working again. that person selling me the ignition didn't have that screw either.
        Last edited by tedraortega; 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM.
        ------------------

'06 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT (hubby daily ride till we get the "little roadster" running - beep! beep!)

'91L Festiva white "LITTLE ROADSTER", "I survived Hurricane IKE" :cool:, 5-speed

Comment

i didn't want to just try random screws from the hardware store just to see what fits and strip out the threads. i called FORD they have NO SPECS on it
          ------------------

Comment

If your determined to get a stock screw I'd sell mine for the right price Haha..make me an offer?
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

It shouldnt be hard to find a screw for a Festiva. Screws are standard, whether they are english or metric.

The Festiva is metric all through it, and it has maybe 3 screw sizes (not counting bolts) There is one screw found throughout the Festy and used on almost everything on the car. The little dark green screws!
              Is that ignition screw one of those greenies?
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

i have no idea what color it was. it was missing when we bought the car. they had "rigged" it with a knife blade to make it stay before i got a hold of repairing the ignition. the blade wasn't working anymore so i had to take it apart and investigate.
                ------------------

Comment

You should not fear stripping threads if you just try turning the screw in by hand. If it doesn't want to go don't force it. Try another size.
                  You might spray WD-40 into the hole to clean the threads before trying any screws. I try bolts actually, not screws?
                  I do this all the time on old bicycles we recycle at a non-profit shop where I volunteer.
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Can you take a pic of the area and point to the specific screw hole? One pic = 1K words.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      Can you take a pic of the area and point to the specific screw hole? One pic = 1K words.
                      X2!
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                      X