Bogging and low idle on 89 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogging and low idle on 89 festiva

I have replaced the ignition coil, the fuel pump, and cleaned the idle control sensor. My engine when its in drive idles at about 500 and when in reverse it idles at about 300. I'm not sure wha else to try replacing. Also when I engage the parking brake my check engine light comes on. It flashes 9 times. Any ideas?

Tighten the idle screw 1 turn.
    Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 07-22-2013, 07:41 AM.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

or back the air screw out a couple turns. check the air inlet system for unmetered air that may be happening when the motor flexes.
      The temp sender for computer coolant temp is reporting bad readings adding to the problem. get a new sender and maybe the pigtail too, they wear and corrode.
      Last edited by Movin; 07-22-2013, 08:12 AM.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^ that's what I meant
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

are all your vacuum lines hooked up correctly? and no leaks? I had same type of problem when I got mine and I even bought a new oem carb,then I gave up and did the webber swap and the car runs like a dream now. but if it's auto you have efi and my post does not help you

Comment

Working...
          X