part number database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part number database?

Is there a part number database available on this website?

Example:

I ordered an output shaft seal at my local AutoZone according to there part number and it was the wrong part. I also didn't get to change the seal when the transmission was out. Now I have to go back and spend more time getting to a part that was very easily accessible before. If I had the right part it would have been a lot easier.

Yep. Autozone has a problem with these axle seals. I had the same problem as you did. Luckily my old seal was still holding ok. Be sure to check the seal on the new cv axle before you leave the store

Comment

We need a reliable Festy part database -- including alternate source info when OEM no longer available.

I keep 5 daily drivers running in 3 cities spanning nearly 4,000+ miles and spend too much time locating, purchasing, and storing parts.

There's major work (i.e. front end overhaul) I'd like to do on some of these (and more) Festies, but am afraid to tear into them for fear I'll get hung up for lack of some two- or twenty-dollar part such as a seal, bearing, fastener, or whatever.
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

1990new,

When a remanufactured axle is purchased, it comes with a new output shaft (axle) seal?

Comment

Originally posted by DaleInTN View Post
          1990new,

When a remanufactured axle is purchased, it comes with a new output shaft (axle) seal?
          No. You buy it separately.
          When the counter guy at autozone pulled up the seal that was supposed fit, I took it out of the box and tried it on the axle output shaft and
          the interior diameter was too big. (Then again it's possible the axle diameter was different and the seal was the correct one. But
          the axle diameter was the exact fit for the seal that was already in the transaxle.) I'm still confused on this.

The automatic and manual axles are different and the seals are different too. The left side on the automatic in particular appears to be
          the one that is unique. When you are buying this seal, you can't always trust the part sellers information.
          Last edited by 1990new; 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have the correct Timkin part number for this seal?

Comment

I tend to save old parts and take them when buying replacements. Doesn't work when buying off the Internet. Messaged an Internet seller this morning to say photo of part is wrong one.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleInTN View Post
                Does anyone have the correct Timkin part number for this seal?
                According to RockAuto Parts database
                88-93 Festivas

Timken Output Seal 2007N fits automatic transmissions (no sides identified).

Timken Output Seal 2007N fits Manual transmissions on the right side only and
                Timken Output Seal 223543 fits Manual transmission on the left side only

Autozone:
                Timken Output Seal 200752 fits manual transmission right side
                223543 fits manual transmission left side
                2007N fits automatic transmission (no sides identified)

If you look up the Timken 200752 by part number on RockAuto, it says no parts found.

I never had a problem with getting the correct output shaft seals in the past. My new automatic must be a freak if the 2007N doesn't fit the left side.
                The original seal in the transaxle works with the new cv axle I installed has no leaks so I left it in. I'll worry about it later if it starts to leak.

Good luck on getting the correct seal.

Comment

Can vouch the timken 223543 is the right seal for driver side manual tranny, just replaced it yesterday, works with a new axle. I've had issues with passenger side(right side) seals not sealing on an auto trans. Probably due to the reman axle I put back in. When they clean up the cv cups they probably shave off too much material and the seals don't seal!
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                  X